For my birthday my generous aunt/godmother sent me a surprise birthday gift in the mail: two gift cards to a nail salon and one to Panera Bread. In honor of my 30th birthday she wanted my mom and I to be able to spend a day together doing something special. What a treat! My mom and I were floored! Right away Mom suggested we take Paige and Emma as well so they could join in the fun. The girls have never had a pedicure before.
Today the four of us went to Nails by Jordan and had our toes done. Afterwards we had a delicious lunch at Panera. (And I snagged some cinnamon crunch bagels and hazelnut cream cheese to go. Yum!) Then we shopped a little. Despite the un-Spring-like temperature of 35° and the blustery wind we had a great day! As soon as we got back home from our day with Mom Paige made her own nail salon in our bathroom! She even filled the bathtub up with warm water and laid out various lotions for our feet. Inventive! And now Emma wants to have a pedicure party for her birthday in the summer. :)
Emma kept laughing while the lady massaged or buffed her feet.
The four of us. This was the only group picture we had, and of course I closed my eyes. *sigh*
My stylist (or whatever you call him) told me that I was too sophisticated for a flower on my big toe. He made an intricate sweeping design-- complete with jewels--instead. I think he just wanted a nice tip. *laughing to myself* I'm kidding. He did a very nice job!
Wow! Is that ever a closeup of my big toes!?
Emma was the first one done. Here she is at the drying station.
They are so sweet in this picture!
"Hi, Mom!"
My face doubles as a reflective panel for lunar landing crafts.
Toes: Emma, me, and Paige. Mom and I thought for sure that Paige and Emma would choose wild colors for their toes, but they both chose reds like us. Actually, the color that Emma chose was exactly the one that Mom and I were eyeing. Em certainly has a flair for style!
Girls and I. It was just the right amount of cloudy to make us all squint our eyes, thus giving us the goofiest faces possible.
Hey! How did this picture end up last?! Well, Emma's smile is a great way to say, "Good bye!"
☺

















3 comments:
This looks like a ton of fun! It sounds like you had an awesome day with your girls and mom.
FUN!!! I love your toes!! I've always thought it would be super fun to get flowers or something done on my toenails! Happy for you! :)
Ooo how fun!!! My girls would love to do something like that. I'll have to remember that when I run out of ways to keep them occupied later this summer.
Post a Comment