Thursday, June 9, 2011

"Amerikids!"

Our home school group, New Ulm Area Scholars at Home (NUASH), presented our annual play on May 15. The play was called "Amerikids!", and it discussed how the United States was founded by people of faith. I thought this play had a WONDERFUL message! The play made so much of God and brought Him much glory and honor! The children and young adults did an excellent job performing, too.

That first picture showed our stage. The children were attending a convention. Each performer was a delegate from a specific state. Paige was the delegate from Illinois, and Emma was the delegate from Oklahoma...or was it Alabama?

The kids walked in and shook hands with the audience.



David built this spectacular little house for one of the songs in the play. The young boys had to build the house on the stage during the song, demonstrating how a family ought to build their home on a foundation of God's word.

This year marked the first year that I took an active role in helping with the play. I was sort of an assistant director, and I have to say that even though I was very nervous about helping out and having to lead a practice or two, overall the whole experience was very good for me. It helped me to grow and be more outgoing. And I just thoroughly enjoy watching children perform on stage. Their acting and singing had me grinning constantly! They have such great ideas. And their costumes were fantastic! Lord willing I'd like to help again next year. In this picture the kids presented Gig and I will beautiful hanging baskets of flowers! My basket is gracing my front step. ☺

2 comments:

Stephanie Goblirsch said...

It looks like you did a great job with this Nikki!

Anonymous said...

Oh that was so much fun! I loved the play! and thank you so much again for helping us through it! :)