Sunday, December 16, 2012

Concerning Hobbits


Yea! After a very long time of waiting, I finally got to see The Hobbit movie! I have seriously been waiting for this movie for years, dating way back to when I first heard that Peter Jackson wanted to make the movie. He wasn't even in preproduction yet; he was just tossing around the idea.

Simply put, I'm a Tolkien fan. I often feel that perhaps I am too much of a fan, even going so far as to purchase a book of maps to go along with his books. ☺ My favorite of Tolkien's books is The Hobbit. The story is full of action and adventure, and I enjoy the characters. As I was reading it for the first time--years ago--I remember thinking that it would make a great movie.

Fast forward to today. ☺ David and I took Paige and Em, who have become Lord of the Rings fans thanks to their nerdy parents, to see The Hobbit, Part I in Mankato. I was very excited to get to go. I had to see it in 3D, and I am so glad that I stuck to that notion. The movie was amazing! Right away we got to see into the dwarven city, and the cinematography during that scene was unbelievable. It's truly mind-boggling what can be done with technology in our age.

The movie was very faithful to the book, right down to the dialogue. And I felt that Martin Freeman portrayed Bilbo well. My favorite scene was the riddle exchange between Bilbo and Gollum. It was spot on! I am anxious to see the movie again.

Now begins the long wait until next December for Part II to be released. Guess I will go play some Lego Lord of the Rings in the meantime.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Nerdy parents?.... Speak for yourself there, hot stuff!