Saturday, March 20, 2010

Here Bloggie, Bloggie. Where are you? Come here, Boy!

I was lying in bed last night, just thinking. And I realized that I hadn't posted in awhile. I started to mull this over more, and I thought about why I started a blog in the first place: I wanted a reason to write more. So I came up with a resolution: I WILL post once a week and write about "something". I mean, there HAS to be something that has happened during my week that I could write about, right? Sure? Maybe? Other people have weekly columns. Why shouldn't I? ... This will be attempt number 1. *wink*

~~~***~~~

Last Sunday I was ill. (Seems like I have been feeling poorly regularly as of late. Another reason why I haven't posted.) Abigail and I stayed home from church. After she woke up from her nap she crawled onto the sofa with me and was eating Goldfish crackers. I snapped a quick picture of her. She LOVES cheese!

~~~***~~~

Yesterday morning we went to the bank. If you'll recall, as a child going to the bank was a thrill because of one thing: safety suckers! Every time we visit the tellers they give us suckers and stickers. Yesterday was no exception. The only problem is that the bank ladies usually only give suckers to Paige and Emma and not Abby. When Abby saw her sisters with suckers she had to have one, too. Thankfully Paige shared her sucker with Abby. And when we got home I dug an extra one out of my purse. Then Abby proceeded to sit down by P&E next to the heat vent (P&E's regular sitting spot). I thought that was so funny that she had to copy them and even sit where they do! Right after I took this picture our cat Smoky came by us. Abby then rubbed her sucker in Smoky's fur, repeatedly. Needless to say that was the end of the yummy red treat.

~~~***~~~

Paige made up a joke this week at the grocery store. We were in the soda and popcorn aisle when she saw a box of popcorn called "Pop Secret".

"Whoa, Mom! Look at this! Pop Secret!" she said. Then she started to laugh. "Hey, Mom. What if two secret agents were talking to each other, and then they said, 'Don't tell anyone about this. It's POP secret.'" She laughed again, and then she came up with the following joke:

Q: What did one soda spy say to the other soda spy? A: "Don't tell anyone. This is POP secret."

I laughed heartily!

~~~***~~~

Last week my friend Sarah came over to hang out for an evening. She brought along a game that I had never heard of before: Bananagrams. Oh man, if you enjoy word games, and I do, then this is the game for you! It's fast paced; kind of a combination of Boggle and Scrabble, and best of all, it's a word game! Can you tell I like word games? ☺

~~~***~~~

Poll results

Thanks to everyone who voted on my poll. ☺ Almost unanimously people voted that you should pronounce Either/Neither as EE-ther/NEE-ther versus EYE-ther/NYE-ther. Only one person chose the latter, and I think that was me. (Sometimes it's hard for me to remember how I voted. *wink*) But that's how I normally say it. Guess I'm the oddball.

~~~***~~~

Today is the first day of spring. Thursday was almost 60°, and it was so wonderful. Almost all the snow around here is melted. Happy spring!

1 comment:

Rosebud said...

Hehe, that was a great, random post! I love hearing about the things your girls are up to.

I do know someone else who says "EYE-ther" - he really enjoys Old English literature and such, so I suppose that's why he says it that way...Anyhow, I always (okay, maybe not so much now as I used to) think of Horace and Jasper when I hear "EYE-ther". :)