Monday, July 26, 2010

The View

...from my house looked like this on July 16, 2010. As you can see road construction has begun on our street. A crew of men and mega machinery came through and removed all of the surface tar, curbs and gutters, and our front walkway.  
Jump ahead now to today, July 26. This morning I was once again awoken at 7:30am to the sound of *beep beep beep beep*. No, that wasn't my alarm calling out to me. It was the joyful noise of the dump trucks backing up. The crews have been hard at it today; steadily making their way down the street excavating. This is the view in front of our house now:
We are currently the proud owners of a pile of dirt instead of a green boulevard of grass. ☺

4 comments:

Stephanie Goblirsch said...

Im glad I am missing this mess. Although I see its not in front of our old house yet.

ExploreColorado said...

Its got to make it complicated getting in and out. I remember how tough it was to get around when Sleepy Eye did the St. Mary's side of town. Hope they finish soon.

Amanda said...

Ohh dear! :( Is it any better now?

Nikki said...

Nope. Still a mess. I figure they won't be done for another month.