Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Commencing facebook interface."

Several months ago I wrote a post that linked the happenings of my facebook account with the lengthy discussion board of my blogger account. To quote Woody the Sheriff, "... [it] was I think, a big success." ☺ So much so that I'm doin' it again!
  • I got to pick raspberries at my Mom's today. And I found out she ordered extra pickles to can just for our family. 26 jars of my mom's pickles!!!!!!!!! : ) July 12 at 4:53pm. I was so thrilled about this revelation. I cannot brag enough about my mom's canned pickles. They are fantastic. Actually, they're better than fantastic, they're STUPENDOUS! Every year we help my mom can them, and then she'll give us 10 jars as our "pay". Now let me just state for the record, folks, that 10 jars is not nearly enough. Those precious few jars only last a couple months at the most. So last year I told my mom that I wanted a 1/2 bushel of pickles ordered for my family. Low and behold my mom remembered. Oh, and she has two raspberry patches, and they are excellent as well. The berries are so much more flavorful than the ones you buy in the store.
  • Whew! It's muggy today. July 14 at 9:50am. It has been so humid lately. Every morning before I get out of bed I check the current weather conditions and the forecast for the day from my phone. And no kidding, EVERY day the current conditions say, "88% humidity" (or around that number) at 8:00am. Eighty-eight percent right away in the morning! That's high enough to make you want to stay in bed despite the sunshine streaming through the cracks in the blinds. Consequently if you try to do any activity that requires movement of your body--say for example walking out your back door--you will be covered in your own bodily fluids. Fun times!
  • Nicole Sowers had a GREAT day at Valleyfair! They were virtually NO lines at any of the rides, including the water park. Note to self though: when an amusement park ride says "You Will Get Wet" they mean it. July 15 at 10:11pm. Last Thursday my mom took P&E and I to Valleyfair, our state's amusement park. See, MN doesn't have a Six Flags, but we have the next best thing: Valleyfair. Think of it in ketchup terms: you don't have Heinz, but you do have Hy-Vee brand. ☺ VF is super fun though. I have been waiting to take P&E until they were tall enough to ride on the majority of the rides, and finally this year Emma was. P&E, especially E, are fearless! They wanted to ride on the rides that went upside down and fast and generally looked scary or vomit-inducing! So Mom and I endured many of them (despite both of us having tendencies towards motion sickness. Thank you Dramamine.) My last line about the water ride had to do with this: immediately upon entering the park you're greeted by this ride that consists of a large boat and a large water slide. Basically the boat goes up a ramp, spins around, and then slides down a slide; thus producing a massive wave. The girls wanted to ride this one first, and Mom and I agreed--figuring we wouldn't get that wet. Uhh...yeah. We got wet. Severely wet. Looking-like-we-fell-into-a-lake wet.
  • Yesterday was a great day! Great teaching during Family Bible Time, had the Lord's Supper during our main service, and then got to enjoy some softball and volleyball. And I would like to brag a little bit more about who won the v-ball games: our team! ;-) I'm just glad that Caleb lost. *laughing to myself* July 19 at 9:20am. Sunday was a fun day. Church was great (as always). I particularly enjoy when we have the Lord's Supper. One reason is that we don't do it very often so when we do it's like a special treat and a wonderful way to bring glory and honor to God. After our church service we had a church picnic. We ate lunch, and then the sporting goods were brought out. I mostly watched everyone play softball as Abby was being a cling-on. But I did get to play 2 rousing games of volleyball in which the team I was on won both games. Woot woot! Caleb likes to playfully "talk smack" so I always have to give him guff whenever an opportunity presents itself. ☺
  • Nicole Sowers is stressed. Tuesday at 9:45am. I was very anxious this morning because I had kind of forgotten about Emma's birthday this week. You ever have one of those times when you have something in the back of your mind, and it's there kind of lingering, and you remember it at odd moments but then you immediately forget about it again? Yeah. That's what happened to me concerning Emma's birthday. I knew it was coming up, but all of a sudden it was this week; the day just snuck up on me. I had to plan things last minute, and as a result some of her friends weren't able to attend her party. But we have 5 friends who will be there, and Lord willing they'll have a highly enjoyable time. This post also brought about a reminder verse that is very suited to me: Philippians 4:6. God's Word tells us to "Be anxious for nothing." This is a good verse to have memorized. (Verse 7, too.)
  • Late night Toaster Strudels. That's all I have to say. Last night at 9:26pm. Toaster Strudels. Do they really need an introduction? Those delicate pastries have accounted for a good portion of my spare tire. (Or was it the Pop Tarts? Maybe it was the 3 Musketeers? Coulda been Mtn. Dew, too, I suppose...) *wink* I had a craving for them last night, and I indulged it.
  • Boy my girls are hyper. Must have been the copious amounts of sugar they ate today. Today at 10pm. Carrie took my girls and I to the Twin Cities today to pick up my bridesmaid dress. Afterwards we went to Byerly's Market for lunch and some delicious desserts. (I picked up a red velvet cupcake for myself and a raspberry cheesecake for David.) Then we hit the Mall of America. After that shopping was done we decided to call it a day. But then on the way home we saw the Yellow Apple Barn on the side of the road, advertising all it's wonderful goodies--like peanut logs. The sign was beckoning, and who can resist an inviting sign? ☺ The yellow barn was FILLED with candy. So between the goodies from the mall and the apple place P&E had a lot of yummy treats today. But it made settling down for bedtime difficult.
"Disconnecting facebook link."

No comments: