Saturday, April 24, 2010

My life in snippets

Yesterday while I was gathering ideas on what to post on I came up with this: why not check my facebook account and see what I've been writing about day-to-day. See, I always think that I can't write a post on my blog unless it's something lengthy and worthwhile. P-shaw! Of COURSE I can write just little posts about random topics. ☺
  • The silverfish are breeding. Wait, do they breed? Maybe they're just multiplying... (April 16 at 8:54am) Ewww! I HATE silverfish! They are so gross and squishy, and they have those long antennae. *shaking body all over* The night before I wrote this post David killed a silverfish in the bathroom (which is where we always see them). The next morning I turned on the water in the bathtub for my shower, and when I stepped into the tub there was a shriveled up silverfish in the bottom of the tub. I was NOT pleased.
  • Home school play today! I'm kinda nervous... (April 18 at 9:16am) and then at 8:48pm: The home school play went so well today! The children and young adults did a fabulous job! I'll be singing those songs though for weeks to come. Since January the New Ulm home school group that my girls and I belong to has been practicing a play titled "Esther-ordinary Faith". It is about Queen Esther and a fictional scribe to the King. The scribe learns through Esther's faith to put HIS faith in the Lord as well. It was such a great play! The songs were fantastic, and of course the message is tremendous. I was so nervous though about the play. I ALWAYS get nervous before events like that. So silly. But everything went to so well! I was in the back of the room just beaming at the students!
  • ♪ I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever! ♫ What a B-E-A-U-tiful day! (April 19 at 9:37am) Last week was gorgeous here in southern Minnesota. The temperature was at least 70° every day, and the sun was shining. It has seemed like the end of May instead of April. Each night we've been able to enjoy the beautiful days by going on family bike rides and playing catch with the baseball. And the girls want to go outside right away in the morning, but I usually put the kibosh on that as we need to do school in the morning. Oh, and that hymn I quoted is just a great song all around. ☺
  • I found Emma a lefty glove. Now the whole family can play catch. :) (April 19 at 4:53pm) Emma is the only left-handed person in our immediate family. A few Fridays ago David was playing catch with his brother and the girls. David and Daniel kept noticing that Emma was throwing spasmodically, and they just figured she wasn't very good yet. The next day when I played ball with David and the girls Paige was so irritated at Emma because Emma wasn't throwing well. That's when I noticed Emma was using a right-handed glove and throwing with her right hand. Ding Ding Ding! The search began that day for a child's lefty glove. Thankfully two stores in New Ulm sold them, and after we got her the correct glove we found out that she really excels at catching and throwing. Paige isn't as irritated at Emma now. Notice I said "AS irritated". ;-)
  • Nicole Sowers has been replaced with a robot today. (April 20 at 9:56am) I have been so tired lately for several hours after waking up. That day I was particularly exhausted. I could have slept until 10.
  • My arm hurts from playing catch. But as Hunter Hutchens would say: "Good pain!" (Wed at 8:22pm) This post needs a little explaining: my nephew Hunter was in gymnastics with my girls for one semester. On the last day of class the students take the parents around the gym and show the moms and dads what they have learned. Hunter was performing some kind of roll, and he hit his head I believe. But instead of crying or acting hurt he just smiled and said rather sheepishly, "Good pain!"
  • My mom brought me a pan of rhubarb cake! Moms are the best! (Ooh, and I AM one!) (Yesterday at 9:09am) My mom surprised us with a visit Thursday afternoon. And she brought along a freshly baked, STILL WARM pan of rhubarb cake. Ooh was it delicious! We each had a piece right away.
  • Nicole Sowers has to write on her blog for Stephanie Goblirsch (Yesterday at 3:38pm) I had to post on my blog for my friend Steph because she commented in my sister-in-law's facebook post, "Try getting her (Nikki) to write a blog, its like pulling teeth!"
So there you are, Steph! I hope I have written enough posts for you to read for at least two hours. ;-)

4 comments:

Ana said...

Hehe, nice job. :) I like it! :)

Stephanie Goblirsch said...

Ooohhh I made it onto your Facebook and your blog! I must be special! Or just bug the heck out of you. :)

Nikki said...

LOL! You ARE special, Steph. I wrote all those posts just for you. : )

Amanda said...

:)