Thanks for voting on my last poll! I asked you if you leave the light on when you walk to your bedroom or if you turn it off. The results were tied; 4 votes each.
This poll idea came from my own life. Every night on the way to bed I turn on the kitchen light and then turn it off when I leave the room. Then I walk into the foyer, and I turn on both the foyer light and the light upstairs at the top of the steps. I have to turn the light off in the foyer before going upstairs, so I do that. I then start to walk up the stairs, all the while being completely frightened by what COULD be coming up the stairs behind me or what COULD be lurking in the now darkened rooms below me. When I'm finally upstairs I HAVE to leave the light on in the hallway while I'm getting ready in the bathroom. And that hallway light will stay on until the lamp by my bed is glowing. Then I walk back to the hallway light switch and turn it off, safely walking in the light from my lamp. ☺
David of course thinks this habit of mine is ridiculous and an utter waste of electricity, which it is. But my overactive imagination will not let me walk in the dark. We writers are so high maintenance! ☺
2 comments:
Haha! That's really funny. ;)
Totally true though! She hates when I go upstairs first, stating that I don't care about her well being or something. If God is watching over us, then we need not be afraid of the unknown. And also, 'be anxious for nothing'! There, I've said my peace:) too late
Post a Comment