Saturday, September 18, 2010

Things I Learned This Summer

Now that school has begun I feel like summer is officially over. Granted, I know that won't actually happen until next week. But for me, the "glory days" are gone. :P (I jest.)

As such, here is a list of things that I either partook in, witnessed, enjoyed, thought about, etc. In short: Things I Learned This Summer
  • Volleyball is a form of fellowship.
  • You can play volleyball even when it's EXTREMELY windy.
  • You just can't play it well.
  • You can even play volleyball at a wedding.
  • In a wedding dress. :)
  • Summer weddings are very hot.
  • Especially summer weddings in August.
  • The wedding of a close Christian friend is such a joyous time.
  • Food tastes better grilled.
  • Grill outs are a good reason to gather with friends.
  • I stink at laser tag.
  • I stink at bowling.
  • There IS a skeleton key that will fit into the century-old locks in my home.
  • There is no better way to keep a toddler out of the bathroom than by locking the door with a skeleton key.
  • Rubber bands do NOT work to keep toddlers out of cupboards.
  • Rubber bands break too easily.
  • I CAN like tea!
  • I can "like" tea if it has lots of stevia. :)
  • Tea cannot replace cappuccino.
  • My girls like to swim.
  • My girls like to swim every day.
  • My girls will ask me every day to take them to the pool.
  • I do not enjoy taking children to the pool.
  • Sun block is expensive.
  • Abby likes the frog slide at the children's pool.
  • Abby will go down the slide repeatedly.
  • A good way to lose sand toys is to bury them.
  • Beach chairs work really well for going to the outdoor pool.
  • You can find beach chairs at garage sales for $2.
  • You can find good deals at garage sales.
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE garage sales!
  • My girls feel like they have lost a battle if they don't purchase something at every garage sale.
  • Minnesota has a lot of mosquitoes and gnats.
  • Mosquitoes and gnats make outdoor activities less enjoyable.
  • Fireworks are really neat.
  • Getting hit in the leg by a soaring baseball does in fact hurt.
  • Paige & Emma are good big sisters.
  • Summer is a great time to read.
  • Road construction is loud.
  • Road construction will shake your house.
  • Road construction takes many months to complete.
  • A dead mouse in the your dryer vent smells badly.
  • Peppermint or wintergreen oil will remove said bad smell.
  • Clothes on the line really do smell lovely.
  • A backpack is easier to haul around than a purse.
  • It takes much less time to get ready to go somewhere in summer than in winter.
  • Sandals are so convenient.
  • One uses a LOT of Band-Aids in the summer.
  • I don't cook lasagna in the summer months.
  • My girls won't experience the "pleasure" of riding in a vehicle without air conditioning in the middle of summer.

5 comments:

Stephanie Goblirsch said...

Good lessons to learn.

Nikki said...

Well said, Steph. Well said. ;-)

Amanda said...

LOVE the list - amazing and true. ;)

Carrie S said...

I had the best time reading through your list! I can just imagine all the things you ladies did over the summer & it was great! Thanks for sharing that..

Ana said...

This is GREAT! :) I loved reading it. Some made me laugh. :) Very well done.