I ask that question because I have thought of it before. Think of how many people have touched them in any given day. Kind of gives you the shivers, huh? Despite that thought I still grab the magazines or newspaper without thinking twice whenever I visit the eye doctor or dentist, etc. I like to read magazines, and according to my last poll so do many of my readers. Seven of us like them so much that we even subscribe to at least one magazine. I have to state for the record that the Sowers household gets quite a few magazines. Here is how many we get according to each person:
Emma--1
Paige--2
Me--3
David--4
Sometimes it's tough for me to balance reading my magazines with reading books. I usually don't have time to page through an entire issue of Reader's Digest unless I spend several weeks dedicated to completing it. And one of my magazines I simply give to my mother-in-law.
Part of the reason why we have so many magazines coming to our house is because a few of them I've gotten free subscriptions to. That's right folks, FREE! I subscribe to an email newsletter called Free Snatcher, and almost daily there are discounted or free magazine subscriptions. It's pretty great. Just the other day I got my mom 3 months of Redbook. And David got 2 years of Car & Driver for free as well.
...Emma just said that the mailman came, and "There's a magazine." Is it one of mine?! Nope. Just another one for David. :-)
2 comments:
Randi and I were talking about the germs the other day. She said she heard there are a TON of germs on elevators. And think of the books at the library- alot of people touch those too. Eww right?
I get Cosmo and Parents magazine. I love magazines it might be an addiction but they are so quick and easy to read.
Phones, remote controls, door knobs, they all have lots of germs. I never thought of the elevator buttons before. Wow. I'll bet they're nasty. And yet we touch them without thinking. I hadn't thought of library books either. Except when I'm reading one and then I get to a page where it's really dirty. THEN I wonder "Who had this before me??" Old library books smell funny. :)
Post a Comment