I haven't done a poll update in so long that I decided to make a comment on my last poll.
I asked the question: Do merry-go-rounds make you sick? Four people said "no", and eight said "yes". I had to vote a whole-hearted YES!
Oh my, I can't even look at a merry-go-round without getting sick to my stomach. That's right--just watching them makes me ill. Same goes for swings. It's rather unfortunate because I used to love swinging. We have a nice porch swing that I really enjoy sitting on and reading during the warmer months. But the movement of the swing, even slightly, makes me sick. Often the girls or one of their friends will bound up to me and shake the swing, and then I'll have to say, "No! Don't move the swing!" They don't understand of course. I mean, it's a swing; it ought to be used as such. ☺
My mom and I took my girls to the amusement park this summer, and we had a debate about which rides she and I were going to go on with the girls since we both knew that the rides would make us both sick. But we both took Dramamine® at the beginning of the day and hoped for the best. We ended up doing fairly well between the two of us.
One thing I've noticed as an adult is that the older I get - and seemingly the more times I'm pregnant - the more easily nauseated I become. Loads of thanks to whomever created Dramamine® as it's saved me many-a-time!
My next poll has to do with the upcoming holidays. Enjoy!
1 comment:
I think you're correct about the connection between pregnancy and nausea. As a child, I could ride all the amusement park rides, now I deffinately have to close my eyes when I'm on a spinning ride.
Post a Comment