Thursday, December 9, 2010

My List of Grievances

Scene of the crime: Sowers house
Victim: Me
Culprit: black rug by the back door
Offense: a wet sock
Verdict: GUILTY!

Last week I was walking to the closet by the back door when it happened: I stepped on a wet spot on the rug and got a wet sock. Right away I said aloud, "Uh! I HATE when that happens!" David heard me and asked what my problem was, and upon being told he agreed; wet socks are a pain.

But after this happened I started to think of other things that bother me. So I started to compile a list of occurrences that annoy me. At first I found it kind of funny, but after awhile I realized that a lot of those annoyances were actually opportunities for me to show patience. I often pray that God would grant me patience, and I see now that what He gives me are ample chances for me to demonstrate patience. (Prayer answered!) ☺

I decided to post this list so we can all get a chuckle, but also so we can see the opportunities that God gives us to respond to irksome situations in a way that glorifies Him.

Some of my grievances:
  • wet socks (this was worth mentioning twice)
  • leaving a room and forgetting something in that room
  • walking into a room and forgetting why you came in there in the first place
  • slow computers
  • slow Internet connection
  • sitting down and getting comfortable and then realizing you left the TV remote across the room
  • getting snuggled in bed and then a cat jumps on the bed and you remember that you didn't check to see if there were any cats in the room before you got into bed
  • waking up 5 minutes before your alarm is supposed to go off
  • pens that don't work
  • when every channel/radio station plays commercials at the same time
  • the sound of a cat with a hair ball
  • going to the cupboard to eat a snack only to find the box is empty but has been left in its place
  • when a person parked and took up two stalls
  • shopping carts left in the parking lot and not returned to the corral
  • when your rubber band breaks
  • washing your car and then it rains the next day
  • when you're eating marshmallow cereal and you get down to the last few bites only to have run out of the marshmallow bits
  • knowing you're going to be late
  • having to pay late fees

1 comment:

ExploreColorado said...

Ohh I hate stepping in a wet spot socks on. At least if you're barefoot, you don't have the reminder for the rest of the day.