Saturday, February 20, 2010

Toss me the ball!

I hope you enjoyed my "Unconventional Ball Poll". I got the idea from the daily word search in my local paper. Normally when you hear the word "ball" you think of something round that is used in sports. None of the choices in my poll would have popped into my head.
  • 4 = Meatball
  • 3 = Eyeball
  • 1 = Gumball
  • 2 = Wiffle ball
  • 1 = Ball point pen
  • 0 = Cannonball

I voted for meatball because it's a food. ☺ (I don't need a better reason than that.) My sister-in-law said, "I had to go with eyeball because I need to see." A well presented thought. I was actually surprised that wiffle ball garnered two votes. Wiffle balls always remind me of those giant, orange plastic bats that every kid has growing up. Oh, and I spelled cannonball incorrectly in my poll. *sigh*

How did you vote? I am thinking of doing a series of "How do you pronounce _____?" polls. David and I often have discussions on the correct way to say specific words.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I think I voted "eyeball", but I don't exactly remember...Yes, I think that was it.