Tuesday, October 27, 2009

♫ I like bread and butter. I like toast and jam. ♫

"Fill 'er up!" Thanks to all who voted on my last poll. Dave and I were talking while I was thinking of the poll topic, and somehow he mentioned gasoline. That spurned the whole "toast with gasoline references". He did say afterwards that I should have had a choice for "Diesel--burnt toast". ☺ I've only known of one person in my entire 28 years of life who liked burnt toast: my cousin Jeff. And since he doesn't read my blog I am thinking no one would have picked that choice anyways. But if you would have chosen that be sure to leave me a comment about it. ☺

So here is how things stacked up:
  • 2 people like French Toast
  • 3 voters enjoy their toast with butter
  • 4, the majority, eat their toast with either peanut butter on top or jam or jelly or some combination

I chose French Toast because it's "dee baste". (That's "the best" with a Spanish accent.) Every Monday I join David and his dad for breakfast at Joni's restaurant in town, and I order their French Toast. It's delicious. I also buy French Toast Sticks for at home. If you've never had those, well, they are a great breakfast treat.

Some random toast facts from our family:

  • Paige eats peanut butter toast every day.
  • Dave introduced me to his special way of making toast: butter the toast then sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar. Yum! I made this for Abby a few weeks ago, and Paige and Emma saw me making it, and they wanted to try it. Their verdict: they loved it as well. Now they call it "Daddy's toast".
  • My brother ate a lot of toasted peanut butter sandwiches growing up. This earned him the nickname "Bunco bunco peanut butter sandwich". (I sure hope he doesn't mind me sharing that with the world. Ehhh...) The name stuck, and even now his nephews and nieces call him "Uncle Bunco".

The next few polls have all been suggested by David. ☺

1 comment:

Belle Mielke said...

French Toast RULES!! I love the french toast at Perkins...Triple Berry syrup with a sprinkled blanket of powdered sugar...YUM! I had a roommate in college who introduced me to buttered toast and sugar, but not just sugared...SUUUUUGGAAAARED. You could barely see there was toast under there!

I love your polls!! :) Cheryl-