Tuesday, October 20, 2009

School funnies

  • Yesterday during school Emma and I were reviewing shapes. I drew a shape, and then she said what it was. Square, rectangle, triangle, etc. When we got to hexagon, she promptly said it was a hexagon. Then I drew an octagon. Emma laughed, and said, "ummm...lexagon? Bexagon? Dexagon?" I'd like to see how many sides THOSE shapes have. : )
  • Part of our Phonics and Reading program consists of reading comprehension. Yesterday's story was about a boy named Thad who was doing Math problems. He needed some counters to use to help him figure out the correct answer, and he wanted to use pencils. But he couldn't find his pencils in his desk. Then he remembered where he had put them: in a box. Thad replied, "Thanks, Good Lord, for helping me remember." So after I read the story I asked the discussion questions. Normally Emma answers them all and Paige just listens. Well this time Paige must have been paying extra attention as she answered all the questions first, and then Emma would just repeat Paige's answer. On the final question I asked, "Where did Thad find his pencils?" Paige immediately answered, "in a box." Well Emma must have been off in la-la land because after about 2 seconds after Paige gave her answer Emma just said, "Lord."

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Haha! =) You should post more school funnies as they come up!! =)

Carrie S said...

That's what's so fun about talking with Emma and Paige -- they can come up with the most amazing things! 'lexagon'.. "bexagon"... leave it to Emma...
very cute. :)