1. Poll result--->Way to mend those pants, people. I have two pairs of jeans now with holes in the knees. My mother-in-law has fixed one pair, but sadly, they just ripped again AROUND the patch. I have decided just to wear both pairs as is. Here's the clincher: they were both the most expensive pants I've ever purchased, and they both tore. I suppose it's because the fabric was softer and had less spandex which basically means less recovery.
2. Dave and I went to the Twins versus the Yankees playoff game on Sunday night. We lost. Again. Third loss against the Yankees in that series, so now our playoff chances are over. But the funniest part of the evening was towards the end of game, the crowd had died down because we were losing, and it looked like we had no chance of coming back (which we didn't). All of a sudden a guy jumped over the grandstand wall between the Yankees dugout and home plate, and he ran onto the field! He was instantly chased by 10 security guards, and he kept running! They couldn't catch him. He made it all the way to the outfield wall, and was attempting to climb over it when the guards yanked him down. THAT got the crowd onto its feet again. ☺
3. On the drive home from the game Dave and I had to slow down for an animal crossing the road. Here it was a coyote. I have never seen one in the wild before; only at a zoo. Kind of scary, actually, but neat nonetheless.
3 comments:
That is FUNNY about the guy racing across the field!!! And your new poll is totally random--I love it. ;)
I don't remember if I voted on the jeans one or not...but what I do is continue to wear them: I love my jeans, no matter what. ;)
I was trying to think of an "off the wall" poll, and that one came to mind. Glad you enjoy it. :)
I am wearing a pair of holey jeans right now. The only bad part about wearing them when they are torn, epsecially in the knees, is that everytime I bend my leg too far the hole rips more. *sigh* But they're too comfortable to throw out. :)
Sorry about your Twins - the Sox got swept too so we're both out!
I have coyotes that live in my back yard. They get into fights with the fischer cats all the time and it gets noisy (screaming). Yikes!
Post a Comment