...my girls were busy coloring and painting inside.
Last night we went to my mom's house for supper. Dave told me before we left that we were in a tornado watch. Pa-shaw I thought. Nothing will happen. We'll be fine. Well, much to my chagrin the storms DID come! The sky turned to black as night, and the clouds rumbled for an hour non-stop. The lightning was incredible, and it hailed, too. The girls were a little frightened, but I calmly reminded them that Grandma's brick house has stood for 130 years worth of storms, and it will probably make it through this one as well. (A fact that my husband had to gently remind ME of regarding OUR house. ☺)
I love how Abby holds a pencil/pen/marker. Right from the beginning she has gripped it like an adult would. It's so cute to me!After the storm had mostly passed and the sun came back out Dave took me for a ride on the four wheeler so we could check out the flooding between my mom's house and her neighbors'. It rained 3.5 inches in an hour.
While were were riding we noticed that the sky looked lit up in an odd way. I snapped a couple of pictures. It seemed to be glowing off to the east. Then we noticed the DOUBLE rainbow that was surrounding the glowing sky. It was truly majestic!






1 comment:
WOW!!! Loverly pictures!!!! (yes, I did mean to type Loverly) ;)
Post a Comment