Thursday, June 24, 2010

8 year-old milestone

Paige has been asking me for a few years now if she could get her ears pierced. I told her that when she turned 8 she could do it. I wanted getting her ears pierced to be kind of a special milestone in her life. (Why I picked age 8 I don't know.) Now when Paige's birthday came around she and I had both forgotten about my promise for her to get her ears pierced. Paige reminded me a week later, and I told her we'd do it soon. Well Monday night we went to nearby Mankato to shop at the large mall, and while we were there we saw a jewelry shop with a sign in the window advertising free ear piercing. Daddy said "yes", so Paige got her ears pierced! She didn't cry or seem nervous, but I held her hands just in case. Her eyes got very wide after the first ear was done. After the piercing was complete the clerk gave Paige a bag with cleaning solution inside, and the bag said "just got my ears pierced". Paige carried that bag around happily with the words out so all could see. It was an exciting and special night for her. ☺

3 comments:

Stephanie Goblirsch said...

Yay thats awesome!

Amanda said...

Aw, how special!! :D For me, the age I was allowed to get them was five - but it was still a "limit" to make sure it was a milestone. :) I'm sure she's happy!

ExploreColorado said...

How fun! Congradulations Paige. I still remember when I got my ears pierced. What an exciting day.