The snow is coming down! Southern MN is in for a huge snowstorm today and tomorrow. As of right now we have about 3 inches of solid accumulation, and more is to come tonight and tomorrow. The wind is blowing hard already.
After supper tonight I was enjoying an ice cream cup. And as I was eating it I was thinking to myself, This is good, but I would rather have a really yummy ice cream treat. So I stated my feelings aloud, "I wish I had a blizzard."
David quipped, "We have one outside." Always the one-liners with him. ☺
For last week's poll I asked if you read the newspaper. The winner was tied between people reading it daily and those who read it occasionally (four apiece). Two people watch the TV news to keep up current events, and one person doesn't care about the news. I used to be a person who fell into the latter category. I didn't watch the news, and I didn't read the paper. The only news items I knew about were the headlines that caught my eye on MSN.com when I would log onto the Internet. But that all changed when my in-laws gave us a subscription to a local newspaper. You can't ignore the news when it's sitting in your mailbox every day. I was quickly hooked, and now I am in the habit of reading the paper every morning during breakfast. I still don't watch the TV news though, and admittedly I skip a lot of the stories in the newspaper that are depressing. But at least now I know what's happening with those Family Circle kids every day. ;-)
2 comments:
I think I went for a while without visiting your blog, because I didn't vote on the news one - I despise the news. :P I shall say no more because nothing more needs to be said. ;)
LOL! Oh, Amanda, that is too funny! Like I said, I only read the less "threatening" stories, or I'll read the headline so I at least know that much. :P
Post a Comment