MERRY CHRISTMAS! ♫ God rest on merry, Gentlemen, let nothing you dismay, remember Christ our Savior was born upon this Day. ♫ According to Wikipedia, most trusted of websites *wink*, that was the original 1760 printed lyrics to the song. May God's grace and peace and joy be upon you.
~~~
Paige burst through our bedroom door this morning at 7:55, and she said excitedly, "My tooth fell out!" It had been loose forEVER, and this morning she and Emma and Abby were playing with pillows in Abby's crib (while Dave and I were sleeping), and a pillow bumped it and knocked it out.
I was planning on getting up at 8 o'clock anyway, so Dave said, "Well, it's Christmas, so let's get up and open gifts." :)
The girls hurriedly opened their presents (except for Abby). A highlight: Paige and Emma each received a pink Kid's Snuggie, which they immediately tried on. It was so funny because Paige put it on like a robe, and she said, "Umm...this doesn't work." So we tried to explain to her that it wasn't a robe. And then Emma tried hers on the correct way, and she said, "It's too big! How can I walk around the house?" They just didn't seem to understand the concept that Snuggies are BLANKETS, despite the fact that they have seen the commercials a gajillion times. Dave had to demonstrate how a Snuggie worked using a regular blanket versus a Snuggie, and then the light bulbs in their heads turned on. ☺ They have been lounging in them all morning since.
Here are the girls in their Snuggies, playing with "girl" LEGOs.
~~~
Since Monday the National Weather Service has been predicting that we were supposed to get a HUGE snowstorm in Southern Minnesota. Now, whenever we are "supposed" to get a large dumping of snow, it ALWAYS ends up being less than what was predicted. Not this time. It has been snowing off and on since Wednesday, and this morning Dave measured the snow that has fallen, and the amount was 20 inches. I can't believe it. I feel like we've been shoveling our lives away!
Yesterday afternoon I shoveled the snow off our back door step, and then this morning we measured the freshly fallen snow on top of that step, and it was 5 inches. So five inches fell overnight alone. And the storm isn't over yet. Currently it's snowing again.
~~~
Have a stellar day!!
Editor's note: It's Monday, the 28th now, and our totaly snowfall was about 22-23 inches. There is so much snow that it's actually difficult to sled because it's so deep!
2 comments:
As I see your girls in Snuggies I'm reminded of our last conversation at the Friday night Bible study ... about both of our houses being so cold. ;) Maybe I should invest in a Snuggie. :)
Merry Christmas! :D
Post a Comment