Several years ago I went to see a nutritionist because I was having reoccurring migraines. The nutritionist basically told me I was eating too much sugar, and the overload was shocking my liver. "Bummer of a diagnosis, Man." He recommended that I stay away from sugary foods and drinks, bread, etc. I lovingly call this diet the "Suicide diet"; mainly because if you adhere to it religiously, within a few weeks you will no longer wish to live. For example:
- "Can I eat bread?" "No."
- "Can I have a juicy flame broiled burger from BK?" "No".
- "Can I have an ice cream cone?" "No."
- "Can I eat all those foods that no one has heard of and probably taste awful and thus are extra good for your body?" "Yes!"
The point is this: that diet stinks like your brother's tennis shoes. And Mountain Dew, my favorite pop, tastes wunderbar. I quickly ditched that diet. But since Dave calls a 20oz bottle of Dew "migraine in a bottle" I probably shouldn't drink it if I want those headaches to stay away. So in the spirit of good nutrition, I made a decision to try and not drink Mountain Dew. ......
Ummm, yeah. That didn't last long. When I am pregnant I CRAVE Dew. Normally I can ditch that craving after I deliver. Not this time. Nope. Still want to climb that fluorescent green mountain. So I recently tried Diet Mtn. Dew. The vending machine said it had a "great new taste". Let me state for the record: VENDING MACHINES LIE! It's horrific. But, it does vaguely resemble regular Dew. Will I be enthusiastically telling people about Diet Dew's "great new taste"? No. Will I be able to finish an entire 20oz. bottle? No. Will I continue to drink Diet Dew when I get a craving for Mtn. Dew? *Sigh* Yes.
3 comments:
That made me laugh!!! :) Good luck with your POP...
Thanks for the encouragement. ☺ I passed by a cooler at the grocery store today (you know, the ones CONVENIENTLY placed by the checkouts?) and it had rows of Mountain Dew, and I SO wanted one. They also had Diet Mtn. Dew, but then I suddenly remembered that fake taste, and I quickly walked away. IT'S SO HARD!!
You poor lady!! I feel so bad for you. :) But I have to agree with you, diet dew is the vilest stuff on earth!! My coworker drinks it and she loves it, but I can't even stand looking at the stuff...yuck...
Post a Comment