Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Baby Disease

About a month ago Abby started to pull on her ears. Naturally, I assumed she had an ear infection as she had been fussy, too. I took her to the doctor, and she did not have an ear infection. The doctor's diagnosis: she had a buildup of wax in her ears that was bothering her. The doctor recommended some home remedies that I could try.

I tried his suggestions, but Abby’s ears must still have been bothering her because she kept grabbing at them. I would often discuss her ears with David, or I would comment to myself about her ears whenever I saw Abby grab them again. Paige and Emma were usually around during these conversations and moments.

So today then, we were at a park, and Paige walked up to where I was sitting and said, “My ear hurts.” And she started to grab her right ear. Emma had run up to us by this time, and she responded, “Maybe you got Abby’s disease.” And she ran away. ☺

2 comments:

Leah said...

Haha!! Poor little baby Abby!! :)

Amanda said...

:) I hope Abby's ears are doing better! My sisters and I have all had that problem, of way too much wax in our ears.