Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A conversation with Paige

The girls and I were on our way to water flowers at Luke's grave when the following conversation occurred:

Paige asked me, "Why do we have to go water flowers?"
"Because it hasn't rained in awhile." I replied.
"Yes it has. I remember."
"No, it hasn't...well, okay it rained the other day, but not enough. It only rained a little." I said.
She retorted, "Yes, it did. It rained a lot. It rained 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 days in a row!"
"When did it do that?!" I quickly asked.
"The other day. You don't remember. You have a bad memory. I have a great memory. I have the best memory in the entire world. I have a better memory than Daddy even. I was grounded one day, and he let me go outside. And I was still grounded though, and I remembered that I was grounded, but I didn't tell him because I didn't want him to remember so I could go outside."


Outsmarted once again by a 7 year-old. ☺

3 comments:

Leah said...

THAT is funny!!! I can just SEE Paige doing that. :)

Ana said...

That is so funny ... kinda naughty, but really funny. :D

ExploreColorado said...

Lol. :D