This past week I was curious which phrase most people thought they would end up using or currently say to their children. I am sure most of us grew up hearing our parents saying these exact things to us, repeatedly. And then when WE become parents those are the clichéd sayings that we use with our children despite having told ourselves, "I will NEVER say that." Yeah, right. ☺ It's laughable really. Although I have never said to my girls anything about "turning the car around and going home", but David often tells them that he had to eat what was on his plate growing up, whether he liked it or not. Rough.
I chose "Shut the door." because I say that every day to my girls. They remember about 75% of the time. Make that a realistic 65%. And here's the kicker--they remember to shut the door when I actually want it left open because the air/heat isn't on! Oh well. Kudos to them for trying. ☺
My next poll is all about yucky bugs because yesterday while I was sorting through my mail I discovered a SILVERFISH in my mail basket! EEEEKKKK!
2 comments:
Oh, I missed that one! =S What were the options?
Oh man I am having a hard time remembering, actually. Something about, "What phrase will you say as a future parent or what do you say now as a current parent?" And I said 'I love you" doesn't count. :D
So the choices were, "Shut the door." "Pick up your toys." "Don't make me turn this car around." "When I was young we had to eat what was on our plate." And then something else which I can't remember.
Post a Comment