Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Quality of Our Local Newspaper

Our hometown newspaper is lovingly known for its errors. We joke a lot in our family, "Well, what did they mess up today?" It has become a game for us to search for the bungle that will inevitably be printed; usually a grammatical error, a misspelled word, an article cut off before the end, etc. For example, my mom's name was misspelled in David's and my wedding announcement. An entire poem was left off of a memorial that my aunt had placed in the paper in memory of my grandmother.

Several years ago though David found one of the funniest blunders I have ever seen in our newspaper. He saved the clipping, and I rediscovered it this week.

Since my scanner won't work, here is the posting as it appeared in the Classifieds between section #28 WANTED TO BUY and section #30 PETS & SUPPLIES:

#29 FIREWOOD
2 Hand-raised house kittens. Free to good home. 507-359-5721

I guess maybe someone ran out of trees in their grove but had a plethora of farm cats? *wink* The editor is WAY overpaid.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I guess the hand raised ones burn better! Yuk :p

Amanda said...

Ha!!! That is too much! =)