Yesterday I woke up missing my little boy. But thankfully, through God's grace and mercy, I immediately remembered two things. First, a verse that always brings me encouragement, Psalm 145:17:
"The LORD is righteous in all His ways, gracious in all His works." Everything that God does and ordains for our lives is RIGHT, and it is good because He Himself is infinitely good. He simply cannot do something that is contrary to those attributes.
And secondly, a quote that Ana had written down for me after Luke passed away. It is by Elizabeth Prentiss, and it is so very uplifting:
"God does nothing arbitrary. If he takes away your health, for instance, it is because He has some reason for doing so; and this is true of everything you value; and if you have real faith in Him, you will not insist on knowing the reason."
As I write this the Spirit has also led me to remember James 1:2-3 which has brought me closer to Christ:
"...count it all joy when you fall in to various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." Patience can also be translated "endurance".
God gives us trials so that we will grow spiritually and become more like His precious Son. And for that I CAN have joy.
5 comments:
You precious lady you!! I shall continue to pray for you. :)
Oh Nikki,
It brings me such peace and joy to read how God has been blessing you with a view of Who He is and that you are trusting and loving Him more!
Truth. I'll be praying for you.
Thank you all.
So sad for you. I was thinking of you and your little guy the other day and telling Steve how strong I thought you were through everything. You're quite a trooper. Praying for you.
Post a Comment