Friday, July 10, 2009

Weekly Poll Results

Thanks to all who voted this week! ☺ So, just what IS your favorite type of footwear? Sandals or flip flops! Their appeal is obvious; it's so easy to just slip them on and head out the door.

I am not a huge advocate of going barefoot as I vividly remember slicing my foot open once when I was about 7 years old. I was running home, sans shoes, through the neighbors' backyards. I was only about 15 yards from my front door when I stepped on a broken glass bottle. I had to go to the ER and have my foot stitched up. Not a fun memory.

Now as an adult I prefer to wear boots so that's what I chose. I have a pair of brown leather riding boots that I hunted online for 2 years to find. If I could wear those year-round I probably would.

Thanks to David for suggesting my next poll: What's your beverage of choice? Now, I tried to think of as many different common drinks, but I am sure that I have forgotten something obvious. My apologies in advance.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love going barefoot, and if I shouldn't be barefoot, flip-flops are my second option. :) My feet hurt wearing regular shoes too much...

Nikki said...

LOL! I am barefoot around the house, does that count? ;-) I actually used to go barefoot all the time as well, but by the end of the day my feet were pretty dirty, and we have white carpet. (EEEK!) Plus I'm always thinking, "What could I be stepping on?" ☺