Wednesday, July 1, 2009

♪ A-Tisket A-Tasket a bunch of mismatched baskets ♫

If you have ever been to the lovely Miss Ana's house then you have seen the wicker basket in their living room with all their throw blankets inside. I have long admired this basket and how neatly it keeps their blankets organized. At the beginning of garage sale season I found two baskets for a $1 a piece, and I immediately thought, "Yes! Now I can keep my blankets and pillows in them, too!"
Well, after spending time cleaning the toy room the other day I realized that it would be a great idea to implement baskets and totes all around the house to cut down on the cluttered-look of our home. So yesterday I went to Target and to the dollar store, and I purchased several plastic baskets and totes and preceded to tidy our home. Dave thought I went a little overboard when he saw the TV remotes in a basket. "You've become a real basket case." he replied.

Here are just a few of the many areas of my home that I added a basket to. ☺
Dave and I went back and forth about having all his things in this blue basket in the bathroom, but in the end I won! (hee hee hee) It's so much easier to clean the counter by simply removing a basket instead of taking all the items off the sink individually.

Did I really need to label this tote as "Mail"? Oh yes! I put this one right by my front door where I normally pile all my mail anyways.


The offending remote basket.



Keys and markers go in this basket by our back door.




This tote is for all of Dave's pocket things that he deposits on the counter at the end of the day.





3 comments:

Stephanie Goblirsch said...

Too funny! It looks nice and neat though!

Ana said...

BASKETS!!!! I love baskets and totes and such!!! My room is quite populated with them. And they ARE so handy, like you mentioned, is so much easier to pick up one basket then try to pick up all the little things and then clean and then put them all back and then pick them all up because one fell over and tipped over the rest! :)

Amanda said...

Oh, how creAtive!! Sounds like a WONderful idea.