Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Icky, Gross Bugs Poll Results

Well my last poll sure gave me the "heebie jeebies" (as my brother used to say). It was gross! Just thinking about all those creepy crawlies made my spine tingle.

Scorpions, spiders, and cockroaches all garnered one vote apiece. I agree that they are horrific. Dave's uncle, who lived in Texas, had a scenario where he went to put on his shoe, and he discovered a scorpion inside!!! AHHHHHHHH!! I can't imagine the terror in finding that. And if I remember correctly my mom said that when she lived in California her landlord would have to come once a month to spray for cockroaches.

Three people found silverfish the worst, including me. I know they are harmless, but it is just so nasty when you open the shower curtain in your bathroom to take a bath/shower, and there in the bottom of the tub is an inch long bug with antennae! *sticks out tongue while making "bleh" sound*

And the winner with 4 votes was centipedes and milipedes. I don't think we need to describe what makes them so disgusting: two words--MANY LEGS. If you've ever see Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom you might remember the scene were the lead actress has to help Indy when he's trapped in the booby-trap room, and she has to reach her hand into the hole in the cave wall, and while she's doing it a HUGE centipede crawls into her hair?!? AWFUL!

Phew! Enough talk about those things. I know they are God's creatures and all, but I just can't make myself like them. Feel free to post a comment about which creepy crawlie you chose and tell me what you don't like about it. If you have a story that would be even better!

On a more joyful note, my next poll is about "kid" food. ☺ You know what I mean: foods that most children generally like, and if you prepare it for a meal you can guarantee a positive response. But I know that grown-ups enjoy kid food just as much as children do. Unless that's just me... ;-)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I chose centipedes because they are just the worst creepies EVER!!! They regularly showed up at our old house. I remember one time, I went to the basement to get a new box of cereal and saw a two- or three-inch centipede on the floor in front of the cabinet--I turned around and ran straight back upstairs! Forget the rice krispies!!! :P

Nikki said...

AHHHH!!!!! That's awful! I would have ran as well. You need reinforcements in situations like that. "Daddy!!" :) Although Rice Krispies are pretty yummy, and MIGHT be worth the trauma. MIGHT. ;)

ExploreColorado said...

So glad I don't have to put up with silver fish any more. I remember when I had to ask you to help me identify my mystery bug. . . and it turned out to be a silverfish :S
I guess now I just have to put up with earwigs-- not quite as scary looking but definately just as disgusting.