Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Disappointed
When I started to read "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", I figured it would be a funny parody of the original novel only with zombies around. I was disappointed. The mention of zombies aka "unmentionables" was too numerous to be funny and just got old. The author seemed to try to insert them whenever he could. For example: the ball where Lizzy first meets Mr. Darcy ends with an attack on the poor attendees. Also, for whatever reason, the new author altered all the character's personalities and made most of the people into zombie fighters. Elizabeth and her sisters have all been trained by Shaolin monks and possess incredible fighting skills, Mr. Darcy likes Elizabeth because of said skills, and even Mr. Bennett doesn't care about his daughters marrying (of course) but instead he just hopes they will survive the zombie threat. DUMB! And the dialogue was incorrect as well. Mr. Bennett called his wife an "insensible cur"! He would NEVER call his wife a dog even though he DID find her very silly. *sigh* I had to put it down. "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters" will be released in September. I might have to skip that one. On to the next book...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:S
Post a Comment