I cook the same foods every week. I rotate between preparing chicken several different ways to making spaghetti, tater tot hotdish, tacos, pizza, and I recently added lasagna to my repertoire. A few weeks ago I decided to make breakfast foods for supper, just to add some flair. I had quite the spread: scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, and french toast. I (emphasis on the I) thought it was pretty tasty, and everyone cleaned their plate so I figured that was a good sign. Afterwards I asked David, "So, how was it?" He was silent for 3 seconds, and then he responded, "Well, it's something to eat." I laughed heartily.
Now tonight our main course was beef roast and carrots that I had in the slow cooker all afternoon. I made some stuffing to go along with it, and we had pickles and fruit, too. Emma and Paige weren't exactly thrilled about eating the carrots and beef, but after sampling it Emma declared, "This is better than cat food!"
You are all invited over to my house for dinner. I'll make mac 'n cheese.
3 comments:
That made me laugh!! :) :) Roast beef and carrots sound good to me, better than mac and cheese. ;)
That roast was definately better than cat food. Delish honey! Emma is such a riot though. The things kids say - wonder if she actually remembers eating cat food? They all did it.
Dave's lucky - around here dinner is cold cereal. If Hannah is really hungry, I'll make her pasta. I haven't had any of the things you mentioned in a looooooong time - I'm moving in with you! :)
Post a Comment