Saturday, September 19, 2009

Well, Ma'am, you have a condition called "Phone Envy", but thankfully it's treatable.

The CEOs of cellular companies are geniuses. They offer a great and convenient service to us, and we pay exorbitant amounts to access that service. And then they entice us with fancy phones and gadgets, appealing to our eyes. Oh, and we all eat it up, gladly and willingly. They're so smart: they only allow you to renew your contract every 2 years instead of every year and get a new, cheap, sometimes free phone only at those renewals. I don't know about your phone, but after a year my cell phone ends up looking like something that survived a nuclear blast. I drop it almost every day, usually onto concrete or pavement, and the screen and buttons are worn down and scratched and scuffed. About this time my general enthusiasm towards my phone has worn off. I'm at that point now. I have cell phone envy.

Several of my friends have recently acquired new cell phones, and they are beauties! They have QWERTY keyboards, and they slide in many directions, and they take pictures that are actually bigger than my thumbnail, and they show your texts in the form of a conversation instead of simply "Inbox" and "Sent" folders, and the main LCD screen is 3" big! *Sigh* I want one. "Waaaahhhhh!"

But there is a silver lining! My contract is up soon, and then I get to go shopping for a new phone!!! October, please come early this year. ☺

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I've got cell phone envy too--I don't even have one!! :S Have fun shopping for your new one. ;)

Nikki said...

Thanks!!! I am pretty excited for it. My battery keeps dying on my current phone, and many times it won't let me finish typing a text or it won't send them. It's frustrating.
Oh, and we just use cell phones at our house. We got rid of our landline phone about 5 years ago now. Only downside to that is that I lose my phone practically every day, and I have no way to find it unless someone calls me. :)

ExploreColorado said...

:D They deffinately aren't made to last. Once I dropped mine in a puddle, and was sure it would never work again. Somehow we got it dried out and working again. Steve's dad sent his through the snowblower. Let's just say, his had to be replaced. I hope your last month goes fast.

Nicki B said...

Sprint lets you renew a month early because it ensures your going to stay with their company! And now they do year to year contracts, new phone every year.... so jealous! Call your company see what your eligible for.

Nikki said...

We have Alltel, and they let you renew for free 90 days early. My contract doesn't actually renew until January, but right now I can buy out for $20 although now that I think about it, it will be within 90 days on October 4. ☺ We're ust waiting until Verizon has officially taken over Alltel because then their phone selection will be better.

Sarah said...

Hee hee, who would have ever thought that you would envy MY phone. :D