Today our school year officially began. I was very nervous about it all summer long. Last year I received a sampling of what it would be like to teach both girls at the same time, and admittedly I wasn't the best at keeping them both occupied at the same time. I noticed that they don't like to just sit and wait while the other child is attended to, especially Emily. "What next?" is something she frequently asks. So with that knowledge I figured that this year wouldn't be any easier since Emma is now in Kindergarten, and Paige is in 2ND grade and thus we have more subjects to get through.
But today went very well. ☺ Yes, I had to kind of keep the ball rolling for Emily as she wants to be constantly learning, but that ended up being a blessing as then we did an extra subject today that I wasn't planning on. The girls each made a tree with glued-on paper leaves, and they also examined their fingerprints. And since Paige has just taken off with her reading this summer she was able to read the directions for each of her problems by herself. That was so encouraging to see!
This was neat: When my curriculum arrived last week I noticed that I was missing two books of worksheets for Emily. One of them was Book 1 of her Language Arts program, so we really needed that book to begin that subject today. I figured the shipment wouldn't arrive until at least this afternoon (if it came today at all), but instead the package arrived at 9 o'clock this morning, just as we were about to begin! Providential!
Please be in prayer for our upcoming year. Pray that I would have patience with my girls and they would have patience with me; that I would be sensitive to their individual learning styles; and that we would bring glory and honor to our Father. I consider it a joy and a privilege to teach my girls myself, and I thank my gracious LORD for allowing me to do so. May He be magnified in ours lives.
2 comments:
Sweet Nikki! I am SO glad that your day went well for you. God is SO good. Right down to delivering your school material right before you start. I will be praying for you. Love you!
I hope the school year goes well for you! :)
Post a Comment