Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good..." [Romans 8:28a]

I find it very encouraging how God plans our lives out so that when we really need to learn or be reminded of a certain Biblical truth He hammers home that point. On Friday during school I taught the girls a little bit about God's provision and prayer. We read and discussed the verses Matthew 7:7-9. "Ask, and it shall be given, seek and you shall find, knock, and the door shall be opened unto you." -verse 7. We talked about how when we need something and we ask a friend, if they are truly our friend then they aren't going to give us something useless. Similarly, when we ask something of our earthly father, he isn't going to give us a useless item either. Well, how much more than of a useful gift will our Father in heaven, who is perfect and sinless, give us?

Currently we are waiting for another vehicle to sell, and usually during this time I get very discouraged (which I am.) During Bible study Friday night we looked over those same verses once again. Isn't that awesome how God worked that out? I know that I for one needed to hear those verses again and be reminded that God IS working in my life, but I need to pray about what is troubling me.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yeah, it is really cool how the Lord reminds of truths right when we need them.