Wednesday, November 11, 2009
It's, like, RIGHT THERE!
Is it difficult to return one's shopping cart to the cart corral? I often see random carts around the parking lot; sometimes they have been abandoned very close to the cart return. I understand that it's a nuisance to return them when it's raining or the wind is blowing at 40mph or you are trying to get your groceries into your vehicle before you are literally frozen into a statue, but still: when the cart return is only 10 feet away from your car you CAN walk your cart over there. I find it highly annoying when people leave their carts scattered around the parking lot, rendering certain parking stalls useless, especially when cart returns are strategically placed around the parking lot to make it easy to return one's cart. Someone has to go collect all those carts. Let's make their job a little easier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Well this is a nice post. I have to go get those darn things sometimes and I agree with you!
I ABSOLUTELY agree with you. It is so aggravating to see carts scattered all over - it's like, come on!! :P But yeah, you already said all of that.
I just feel that it's really easy to return your cart. And Steph, I remember collecting them, too, when I worked at K-Mart. But I totally feel for you that you have to gather them in the bitter cold. Not fun!!
Im going to go ahead and agree to disagree with you there. Some places like Target and CashWise make it easy by putting cart returns in convenient places. WalMart, however, has TERRIBLE placing of their cart returns, and every time I look for it, it is a half-mile away, so I leave it on the curb thingy.
I have to weigh in on this one. (Nice blog by the way! Please tell David that according to the "me esposo" picture over yonder he is the spitting image of one Carl Sowers). Now that I have that out of the way. Please notice the EXTREME lack of cart corrals near handicapped parking spaces. As one who frequents with handicapped people and, therefor, parks in handicapped spaces- I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. People are handicapped in one way or another and, no..sorry can not, for one reason or another, walk half way across the lot to return the cart. Yes, I am able bodied, but no, I can not leave my clients unattended to walk to the corral that is out of sight of the van. Guess I'm just trying to explain the reason why carts seem to gather un-corraled around handicapped spaces. I will never understand why the corrals are not CLOSE to the people who need the handicapped spaces. Let it be said also that THIS is the ONLY acceptable excuse IMHO.
: ) This was a great debate! I hadn't thought of either of those points. I have to say that the store where I have noticed the most amount of leftover carts is at Wal-Mart, probably because their parking lots are COLOSSAL! And conversely I do see carts left by the handicapped parking stalls. So now that makes sense. I stand corrected. ☺
If a stray cart is sitting in a parking spot that I want to park in, I just push it with the car. Of course, not into another car as that would be mean. I do agree with the whole "putting the cart in the corral thingy", cause I once saw a cart cruising across a parking lot, on a windy day, doing 20 mph+. It slammed so hard into a parked car, that it got air as it bounced off. Bummer for that guy!
THANK YOU, Nicole B. (and HI, by the way!)!!!!!!! As a frequent user myself of the handicap parking to take my mom (in years past) and Bradd's aunt WalMart shopping, I found it very confusing as to WHY there were no cart returns near the front of the lot!! ALSO, why is it that WalMart doesn't have a truly handicap accessible check-out counter??!? My poor mom, sitting in her WalMart-supplied wheelchair with a big basket in front, had to do the most painful contortions to reach the counter to sign her receipts or fill out a check! That's a whole other rant...don't get me started!! Cheryl-
Post a Comment