On Friday, David, the girls, and I went to Underwater Adventures Aquarium in the Mall of America with our home school group. The aquarium is located in the basement of MOA, and you walk through a tunnel that runs UNDER the water. The animals swim above and around you. It is quite the experience. We walked through the tunnel twice, and we also went on a behind-the-scenes tour of their facility. We were shown their laboratory, kitchen, and we went up above the water and viewed the animals from up there. It was a great time! And because we were a "school" we received a HUGE discount. EXCELLENT!
After we were done at the aquarium, our family walked around the mall a little. We stopped at the LEGO store and the American Girls store. A stellar day overall!!
*The pictures were taken with Dave's camera phone so they're grainy. :(
After we were done at the aquarium, our family walked around the mall a little. We stopped at the LEGO store and the American Girls store. A stellar day overall!!
*The pictures were taken with Dave's camera phone so they're grainy. :(
This lady had the glamorous job of watering the turtles.
The turtles were swimming back and forth, and they were so adorable!
Hmmm...I can't remember what Paige was pointing at.
This is a great shot of the view from the tunnel. We were in the "MN frozen water" part of the aquarium. That was supposed to be fake ice on top of the water.
Minnesota alligator sturgeon. HUGE FISH!
Paige and Emma and their friend Kyle
Paige, Emma, and Kyle ran ahead of the group because they were so excited to see the sharks.
I was excited, too. ☺
These are some children in our home school group viewing the coral reef tank.Emily was AWFULLY tired from all the walking, and she basically passed out in the car on the way home.







5 comments:
Cool! When my family went to the underwater adventure at mall of america we had a lot of fun!! Noah and I liked the sharks, Dad liked the sting rays, mom pushed Anna in the stroller. We had a great time there!
LOL! I love the last picture of Emma!! That is hilarious! But the trip looks like a ton of fun!
Dave liked that picture of Emma so much that he put it on our computer as our desktop background. When Emma saw it she insisted she wasn't sleeping! Riiiight.
I LOVED the turtles! They were so cute while they swam. Although I couldn't help but think about turtle soup when I saw them. (Ewwww!)
thanks for sharing all the great pictures! Emma at the end IS really cute -- i imagine her neck might have hurt staying in that position for even a short time...
Paige in the treasure chest is really cute too. :)
How fun. I've only been there once, but I've always wanted to go back. Deffinately workth the trip. Great pics.
Post a Comment