Time for my weekly poll result. If you voted, read on. If you didn't, well...then...I guess you can scroll down to my previous post and just view some of my recent pictures, maybe? ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ (Just kidding, by the way. Unless you really wanted to look at my pictures. Then feel free.☺)
I honestly cannot remember how I voted on this poll. I am not sure if I chose Pine--because of Christmas trees--or Maple. Hmm...well I DO like how Maple trees change to such beautiful colors in the fall, especially Sugar Maples. They turn such a lovely shade of red. And when pines trees are covered with snow in the winter they are very pretty as well. Two people liked Maple, and only one liked Pine.
Have you ever had a real pine Christmas tree in your house? They are very fragrant, and growing up I remember the annual tradition we had of going to select the perfect tree. It was always thrilling when you had found "the one", but then the joy wore off when you brought it home and realized it was 9' tall and wouldn't fit through your front door. After your dad hacked away at the base of the tree for about twenty minutes then you had the entertaining task of figuring out how to get the tree into the stand without it looking lopsided and finding the side that didn't look like the tree had suffered a collision. After you'd finished that job then you'd look back at the rooms where the tree traveled and you'd see all the vacuuming you'd get to do. And then daily your cats drank all of the water out of the tree stand dish so you'd have to constantly be refilling it. Oh, and your cats always climbed the tree, and as they were climbing all the needles were dumping on the floor. Ah yes, the memories. ☺
No one chose a Bonsai tree. Personally I think they're kind of ridiculous. Why all the precision in trimming them? I don't get it.
No voters for Sequoia either. I've never seen one but as a species of Redwood I am assuming they're huge.
Now onto the winner: Weeping Willow. A beautiful albeit messy tree. As a youngster I remember an elderly neighbor having one, and I would walk to their yard just to swing from their tree's branches. Looking back that was pretty rude; some random child playing in their yard, tugging on their tree. Ah well. It was fun!
1 comment:
I didn't see that poll!! :S I would've voted either maple or willow.
Post a Comment