Sunday, November 29, 2009

I won't get scurvy anytime soon.

As I was getting ready to take a bath the other night, I did a mental checklist of all the items I would need to bathe:
  1. Peach-scented bubble bath. Check!
  2. Pineapple-scented soap. Check!
  3. Strawberry-scented shampoo. Check!
  4. Orange-scented conditioner. Check!
  5. Pear berry-scented shaving cream. Check!

Did you notice a pattern there because it didn't jump out to me at first? *wink* I LIKE FRUITY PRODUCTS!

For my birthday this past year, my mother-in-law's sister wanted to buy me homemade soaps from etsy.com. So she consulted my MIL about which scents I would like. Since my MIL sells Avon, and I've purchased from her several times in the past, she told Aunt Anne that I always order fruity products. I laughed, but it's so true! Just look at the ridiculous list of toiletries! I need products that are labeled "Fruit Salad"; that would satisfy my daily dose of Vitamin C. ☺

Thinking of that pineapple soap I just have to share with you that I found a terrific homemade soap on etsy.com. The bar is HUGE, and the soap bubbles up so nicely. I have been having a difficult time trying to find a nice pineapple soap to rival the one that Aunt Anne originally gave to me for my birthday. (The last few times I've tried to order that soap on etsy's site, the seller has been listed as "out of town for a few weeks and the shop is closed". That was months ago!) I like this new soap very much.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I LOVE homemade soap now - my one splurge!

Another Etsy seller that makes really great fruity soaps is Sagegold. I also just got some by Soap that Makes Scents that smells really good altho I haven't tried it yet. I also just ordered some from Lave Me Soap for Hannah - they're cute kid shapes - for Christmas.

I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying them - yay!! :)

Amanda said...

Mmm, they sound like they smell delicious... ;)