Sunday, September 20, 2009

She said what?!

Yesterday my friend Sarah and I took my girls to watch a historic battle reenactment of the Germans' defeat over the invading Roman army in 9 A.D. The neighbor kids were going and so Paige and Emma wanted to watch as well. Since it was only 4 blocks away we decided it was something to do and so we'd go.

It was difficult to see what has happened from where we were standing so I had to explain what was going on to Emma. Thankfully the event was being narrated as it was going on, too, so we could hear the action as well. Quick summary of the battle: Germans cleverly led the Romans into an ambush, Germans used guerrilla tactics on the invading Romans and thus defeated them. The Roman leader killed himself. Germans win.

So we're walking back home, and the girls had biked ahead of us. We caught up to them and saw them talking to some neighbor girls who hadn't attended the reenactment. Paige and Emma must have been filling their friends in on what they missed because Paige yells back to us in her best singsong, tattletale voice, "Mom!!! Emma said that the guy was killed and they cut off his head and they were showing it to people."

Hey, at least Emma was paying attention, right? *wink*

1 comment:

Ana said...

That's too funny. I'm sorry I didn't talk to you. I saw you talking to Josh J. and saw you and Sarah. :)